Welcome to our journey!

If you are new to our blog, you may want to start with Beginnings - Part 1 and Part 2 to catch you up to speed on Jackson's arrival on December 11th, 2010 (yup, 12/11/10).

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Summer Adventures

We kicked off the summer with a trip down south to celebrate my mother's birthday.  My sister and I packed massive amounts of children's things into her car, strapped the boys in, and headed down 95 to help out with the preparations.  Jackson pulled on his car seat toy while Evan threw his stuffed dog towards the front of the car and I would throw it back to his delight (a habit that I'm sure I should not be indulging).  All this to the sounds of childrens' songs about dusting and bath time bubbles.  We hoped the boys would sleep, but just as soon as one would settle, the other would start up.  But we made it there in time for a late night bottle and nighty night time.

That Friday we spent the morning prepping food (thank Goodness for morning naptime)...and with the help of my Aunt Holli, Joanne, mom, and sister we knocked out the food preps real quick and were able to squeeze in some playtime.

And beach time...

And sleepy time...

Daddy arrived just in time for the festivities and a couple hours of snuggle time before Jackson's fussing reminded us it was nearing bedtime.

Birthday celebrations....
Family gift to Mom - Cookbook with family and friend recipes


Jackson's been working hard.  At my parent's house he was utilizing his unusual method of turning over from tummy to back.

So we continued to work on him getting those arms up and progress!!!

For the 4th of July holiday weekend we decided to have ourselves a little "stay-cation" by packing up and heading down to Severna Park.  Jackson got to experience his first boat ride ever.  Did he like it?

Well, like many things he tolerated it.  It was like Ralphie's brother in a Christmas Story when he was so bundled up that he could barely move.  Jackson was all propped up and fell asleep in that exact position.  Such a trooper...

On Sunday, we plopped ourselves on the beach with friends and family and hung out for the afternoon.  Jackson had his first dip in the Severn River with Daddy.

Then we got cleaned up and headed back down to the beach to have dinner and watch the fireworks.

We had a brief interuption in our festivities with a storm that rolled on through.  Jackson was sleeping in his peapod, but I scooped him up and got him under the pavillion just in time for the heaven's to spill.  He stayed asleep initially...and as I looked around at all the young children crying and clinging to their parents, I was amazed at how Jackson was handling it all.  And then...one clap of thunder too many, and the wailing began.  If you like storms, this had it all...downpoor, thunder, and lightning that literally went horizontal across the sky. 

Jackson got himself back together and we watched the fireworks by the river (or Jackson slept while I held him while watching the fireworks by the river). 

On Monday, we got our things together and walked over to Matt and D's house to watch the Severna Park parade.  Once again, little man slept through about half the parade, but did wake up in time to see some old cars and floats. 

Hope everyone's summer has been filled with adventure...

More to come...


  1. Those last three pictures are my all time favorite.

  2. I agree with Jill! I love that last picture, he is so precious!