Welcome to our journey!

If you are new to our blog, you may want to start with Beginnings - Part 1 and Part 2 to catch you up to speed on Jackson's arrival on December 11th, 2010 (yup, 12/11/10).

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Why hello there...

I'm horrified that its been nearly two months since I posted last...so this post promises to saturate you with adorableness and update you on Jackson's most recent accomplishments. 
Jackson is sitting up really well...in fact he has finally transitioned from laying to sitting.  Of course I missed the first time this wondrous event happened since I was out running errands, but Adam filled me in with all the details so that I can bore others in my brags.  Since I missed out on the big show, Jackson made sure to surprise us when we went to get him up in the morning by sitting and smiling at us.

A few days later I got to see the real deal...and he even showed his PT yesterday.  Boy has mad skills.


We're working extra hard on standing at the sofa to work on cruising.  He has shown his Pop and his PT that he can stand independently (briefly...but he can do it).  He does a really good job of weight shifting, but tends to push himself backwards from the couch.  He really wants to be able to pull up on the couch, but can't seem to coordinate his arms with his legs. 



Visiting with Cousin Evan



Easter was a bit more exciting this year as Jackson was able to "participate" a bit more exploring his Easter basket, tasting some sweets (and sharing with Mommy), and checking out bubbles...




His speech therapist brings bubbles a lot and he's started popping them using his pointer finger.  Once again, boy has skills.









Jackson has discovered that the floor is slippery and he can do some crazy moves.  He's tried it on the carpet, but friction prevents him from really getting his groove on.  Check it out below...

A month or so ago, my sister and I went through all the boys stuff since my sister had lent me quite a bit from Evan.  It took us hours to go through but we were able to divvy out the boys things with no arguments and only a little spilled coffee (we've come a long way since those Middle School days).
Before
After






Some of my favorite Jackson faces.
By far my most favorite thing that Jackson is doing right now.  I can't get enough...



Jackson's first crab


Just in case you didn't get enough the first time...
Until next time...

3 comments:

  1. This post kept its promises. Jackson is so adorable; I love that you share :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YESSSS!!! 3 videos and a trillion pictures. That's what I like to see. I love him waving hi!!

    ReplyDelete