Welcome to our journey!

If you are new to our blog, you may want to start with Beginnings - Part 1 and Part 2 to catch you up to speed on Jackson's arrival on December 11th, 2010 (yup, 12/11/10).

Monday, September 17, 2012

Brothers

I began writing this post about a week ago and then got side tracked by the many things going on.  It required quite a bit of editing and revision...so I am going to make a quick attempt to update before I get Jackson up from his nap and have his lunch.

Grayson is 3 weeks old and with each passing day, we see similarities to Jackson and we have had progress on the "brother bonding" but Jackson still ignores him for the most part.



The other day I was watching Grayson sleeping and it reminded me so much of how Jackson looked when he was sleeping.  I rifled through my old cell phone photos and found exactly what I was looking for.  You can't tell the difference between the two at all!


Grayson's hair and complexion are most definitely darker than Jackson's, however his eyes have turned blue and there is no trace of the muddy water that was present when he was first born.  While initially they seemed so different, those differences have become much more subtle.

Some "highlights" of the last two weeks:

1) Grayson peed on our bed in the middle of the night earlier in week number 2.  No, I did not change the sheets as one might expect and yes, I went to sleep on it.

2) On my first day flying solo, I got Jackson up to a complete diaper blowout.  We're talking all over his blanket, pajama pants and crib sheet.  A fantastic way to start the day.

3)  I went to bed one night and a mouse skittered to the corner of the room.  Just what we needed.

4) Jackson had an OT evaluation and we will be getting services!  He actually did really well in his evaluation and isn't very behind in this respect, but his OT felt that he would benefit from services so he doesn't fall behind.

5) The umbilical cord fell off and Grayson enjoyed his first bath...unfortunately he doesn't seem to enjoy bath time that much since then.





6)  Grayson had an umbilical granuloma that is on the mend while Jackson's bellybutton had some weird infection.  It looked much better by the time I got an antibiotic prescription and with all the antibiotics he's been given we decided to see if it would mend on it's own.  Bellybutton is pretty much back to normal without giving him unnecessary antibiotics.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm crossing my fingers for a calm week.  Last week was obscenely busy with therapies, doctors appointments, house showings, and unfortunately the passing of my grandmother.  It was a challenge both emotionally and physically, but I found comfort in the support of my family and friends and feel blessed as always that we have such a strong support network.

I hear Jackson playing in his crib, so I'll leave you with a video of Jackson...


1 comment:

  1. I love reading your blog, Becky! (Incase you don't remember me, I use to work with you and Kim at High Point; I'm not some crazy stalker!) Jackson seems to be a fantastic kid, and Grayson is just adorable. I love that you didn't change the sheets on the bed after he peed! I knew I'd arrived as a mother when my son vomited in my hair, and I went to sleep just like that. (In my defense, I'd already changed the sheets and my clothes once and his clothes twice!) I can't wait to read the next installment!
    ~Samantha Esterly

    ReplyDelete