Welcome to our journey!

If you are new to our blog, you may want to start with Beginnings - Part 1 and Part 2 to catch you up to speed on Jackson's arrival on December 11th, 2010 (yup, 12/11/10).

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thankful

 One year ago, I had a little baby sitting in my belly...well more like wiggling all around in my belly and giving me heartburn on an hourly basis.  But it was magical...and I'm not going to lie...I miss that feeling many days.  Its amazing what has happened in a year and the many things I have to be thankful for.

Jackson of course, topping that list off.  He is a happy and healthy baby who's smile makes my heart melt.  He's at that stage where when you reach to pick him up, he raises his arms to meet you.  And when you get him up in the morning or get him from day care, he shows his affection for you with a big grin on his face that just says, "I'm so thankful you're here!  I missed you!"



Getting a laugh out of him is a little bit easier.  He's very interested in sounds and words, so its been added to our bath time ritual which makes getting him dry and dressed a tad bit easier.  So on any given night around 6:15, you'll hear me rattling off "Ba, ba, ba, ba, ba, ba...Ball!!!" Or "Ya, ya, ya, ya, ya, ya....Yippee!!!" (one of his favorites).

Tonight we're going to test out our new bath seat in the bath tub.  While Jackson is not sitting up on his own yet, it is just getting too hard to bath him in the sink anymore.  And I'm sure his Daddy would agree that it reeks havoc on the kitchen (and we'll be able to move his bath things from the top of our "pantry").

--------------------------------------------


Thanksgiving gave us a few days away from the daily work and stress...time to really relax and spend time with each other and our families.  We continue to be blessed by the love and support that we're continuously surrounded by.  And while we don't get to see some of our family often enough, a couple of days of food, laughter, and love will charge our batteries till we see them again to celebrate a certain someone's birthday (and his year old cousin).  (And hopefully Jackson's Uncle Josh and Aunt Lacey felt our presence far away in China...we're all anxious for their return in June.)

First Turkey Dinner with my side of the family.


Adam reading his favorite childhood story to Jackson


Cousin Evan is so good with Jackson.  He brings his toys over to Jackson, is gentle, and shares his sippy cup too!



Thanksgiving passing gives me the excuse to set up the Christmas tree and get in the holiday spirit.  Another moment to spend with our family, snuggle up on the couch, and enjoy the lights on the tree.  




 Happy Holiday Season to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment