Welcome to our journey!

If you are new to our blog, you may want to start with Beginnings - Part 1 and Part 2 to catch you up to speed on Jackson's arrival on December 11th, 2010 (yup, 12/11/10).

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Blooms

I don't have a green thumb...I can't grow much unless it doesn't require watering...  I did, however, plant bulbs that I received from my baby shower and with each day inspected them to see what growth had occurred (ok...in all honesty, I planted them and forgot about them...but who's keeping track).  So of course I quickly grabbed my camera to prove that I was able to grow two beautiful flowers.  Its amazing to watch them throughout the day where in the early  morning hours, their petals are packed tightly, but as the day moves on those petals bloom and expose themselves to the world.





Jackson is blooming and showing his personality to the world.  His smiles are delightful and I wait in anticipation for the giggles to follow.



He expresses frustration when he can't seem to do what he wants...whatever that desire is.  This is certainly a trait he has gained from his father. 
Grabbing toys and arching back...trying to roll over....
Very focused

But he continues to bloom physically...checking in at 13 pounds 13 ounces and 25 inches long at his well-baby appointment on Monday.  I am amazed at how fast the changes have occurred...going from his lowest of 4 pounds 12 ounces to the little man with chubby cheeks who gets upset when there's no more milk left in the bottle.

Days old
4 months old












So forgive me if I get a little hokey...but I enjoy watching this little guy bloom and grow.  It is truly a magical thing.  


Testing out the new Raven's pacifier


Early morning mirror time...

 Blurry morning smiles...Hello world!

No comments:

Post a Comment