Welcome to our journey!

If you are new to our blog, you may want to start with Beginnings - Part 1 and Part 2 to catch you up to speed on Jackson's arrival on December 11th, 2010 (yup, 12/11/10).

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Spring Break



Those two words are only second to the words "summer break" and rank just above "snow day".  And this year I'm ever so grateful for 10 whole days away from teenagers.  Even though Adam will be away this week, I get to spend it with my favorite little man, who happened to turn 4 months this past Monday.
April 11th, 2011
  As a 4-month old, Jackson has made a new best friend with his thumb and while I know one day I'm going to wish he never had the habit, it is the darn cutest thing in the world to watch him do it.


Jackson also likes to bounce...of course you have to make some sort of bouncing sound effects to go along with this and you're almost always guaranteed to get a smile out of him this way (unfortunately still have gotten it on camera though).

Jackson has started to get a good grip on some toys.  Although he is certainly more interested in his hand most days.  He has this look where he purses his lips and looks with determination when he's fixated on something and if only I knew what was going on in that mind of his...



Bath time for the 4-month old...I think he's still ambivalent about it.  When I give him a bath, I entertain him with my beautiful singing voice (insert sarcasm) and its always the same song.  "Rubber ducky, you're the one...you  make bath time lots of fun...rubber ducky I'm awfully fond of you..." Repeat...since those are the only words I know...


And as we get dressed...I usually work in the "hokey pokey"...




As for Jackson's physical therapy...we now have an official time-slot.  I hope we make progress so that his reevaluation in May goes well.  He doesn't really enjoy PT.  Apparently, babies with down syndrome "have poor work ethic", and don't like being out of their comfort zone (who does, really?).  Karen, our physical therapist, says that babies with down syndrome are very sensitive and are like "Just love me the way that I am!!!"  So she does a really good job of working with him and allowing him to always come back to his comfort zone.

So its official...spring break has begun.  I'm going to sneak in one more cup of coffee before my boys wake up and join me for our first day of break.  I can't wait to dive on into that handsome man's beautiful blue eyes...

Happy break to you!

1 comment:

  1. I love the picture of you bouncing Jackson...he is looking at you like he just adores his Mama! Glad the physical therapy is going well. Can't wait to see our kiddos together again. Enjoy the rest of your spring break, summer is just around the corner!

    ReplyDelete