Welcome to our journey!

If you are new to our blog, you may want to start with Beginnings - Part 1 and Part 2 to catch you up to speed on Jackson's arrival on December 11th, 2010 (yup, 12/11/10).

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

A little over a year ago, I found out that I was pregnant.  At Mother's Day only a small handful of people knew - Adam and I kept our secret to ourselves since we wanted to wait until our first appointment to confirm the pregnancy (I can't tell you how many pregnancy tests I took between the first one and our first appointment at 9 weeks...just to make sure I was still pregnant). 

And now...this year, I have an almost 5-month healthy baby boy.

When I was younger, if you asked me what I wanted to do when I grew up, I would have said stay home with my kids...Having parents who made a lot of sacrifices to allow my mom to stay home with my sister and I greatly influenced my desire to stay home.  I truly value the time that my mom spent with us (even though I'm sure my sister and I didn't show or tell her enough) and while that is not in the cards for us at the moment, I feel blessed by the gift that Jackson is.  

 So this Mother's Day what I'm most thankful for is this handsome little man who made me a Mommy.  I love him.
A lean, a lean, a lean... (For all my SPHS cheerleading friends)
 
Apples!
  
 
Happy Mother's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment