Welcome to our journey!

If you are new to our blog, you may want to start with Beginnings - Part 1 and Part 2 to catch you up to speed on Jackson's arrival on December 11th, 2010 (yup, 12/11/10).

Monday, October 22, 2012

Day 21 - 31 for 21

This past weekend proved to be very busy for us.  We got the house straightened up Saturday morning and rushed out the door to go meet with Jackson and Grayson's new daycare provider.  We finalized the paperwork to enroll them on Oct. 29th and went over some basic info, like any heath issues and schedules.  Afterwards we headed over to the mall so Adam could get some new dress shirts that he desperately needed and Jackson could get a haircut...which he so desperately needed.

As in the previous post, haircuts are not a fun experience for anyone involved.  It requires Adam to pretty much restrain him so that he doesn't fling himself anywhere and I had to hold his head straight while singing three rounds of "This old man...".  Jackson cries and screams to the point that you are sweating through your clothes and mentally urging the hair dresser to hurry up but don't accidentally stab my child with your sharp scissors.

I did purchase some clippers and sheers, but haven't had the courage yet to give him a haircut.  Perhaps for the next one I'll give it a shot...

We arrived at the grandparent's house where I took advantage and went for a jog.  We won't mention a certain football team that got embarrassed on Saturday afternoon...and then it was time for us to get ready for our first night out post-Grayson's arrival.  What better way to get out of the house than to celebrate someone's engagement party.  We had a blast celebrating Corrie and Lauren's engagement and catching up with some old friends!  Thanks to Adam's parents for watching the boys AND getting up with Grayson throughout the night!
Date night!
 Sunday was much more laid-back with two parents that were sleepy from a late night out. 
 Although that didn't stop this guy from creating a huge mess in the basement.

 He had boxed himself into the corner with all his toys!

 By 6pm this guy had passed out on the carpet from exhaustion so we scooped him up, gave him dinner and got him to bed.  Grayson was a whole other story.  He slept great during the day and then was up till about 10pm and wouldn't nurse after we attempted to give him prune juice (he has bowel issues).  He finally got a full feeding in after about 4 hours of fighting it.

It was a full weekend and we're gearing up for Mommy's last week of maternity leave and another busy weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment